- Crown Castle Annual Report (Usually the same text every year)
- “If radio frequency emissions from wireless handsets or equipment on our communications infrastructure are demonstrated to cause negative health effects, potential future claims could adversely affect our operations, costs or revenues.
The potential connection between radio frequency emissions and certain negative health effects, including some forms of cancer, has been the subject of substantial study by the scientific community in recent years. We cannot guarantee that claims relating to radio frequency emissions will not arise in the future or that the results of such studies will not be adverse to us.
Public perception of possible health risks associated with cellular or other wireless connectivity services may slow or diminish the growth of wireless companies, which may in turn slow or diminish our growth. In particular, negative public perception of, and regulations regarding, these perceived health risks may slow or diminish the market acceptance of wireless services. If a connection between radio frequency emissions and possible negative health effects were established, our operations, costs, or revenues may be materially and adversely affected. We currently do not maintain any significant insurance with respect to these matters.”
Verizon Communications Inc.
- “We are subject to a significant amount of litigation, which could require us to pay significant damages or settlements…In addition, our wireless business also faces personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits relating to alleged health effects of wireless phones or radio frequency transmitters. We may incur significant expenses in defending these lawsuits. In addition, we may be required to pay significant awards or settlements.”
See a list of Annual Reports clearly showing how companies warn their shareholders here.
A list of White papers by insurance authorities going back years showing insurance authorities consider wireless and 5G comparable to asbestos
- 2019 Swiss Re Report 5G is rated as a “high impact” emerging risk affecting property and casualty claims in more than 3 years. “Off the leash – 5G mobile networks (p. 29) As the biological effects of EMF in general and 5G in particular are still being debated, potential claims for health impairments may come with a long latency.” Read the 2019 Swiss Re Report
- See a list of insurance white papers that classify EMFs as high risk at EHT here.
Electromagnetic Fields are defined as a “pollutant” by insurance companies and are not covered. EMF exclusion clauses are the standard in the industry.
- For example- “California State University Risk Management Authority (CSURMA) Self Insured Program “We will not pay for loss or damage caused by or resulting from any of the following: Artificially generated electrical, magnetic or electromagnetic energy that damages, disturbs, disrupts or otherwise interferes with any: (1) Electrical or electronic wire, device, appliance, system or network; or (2) Device, appliance, system or network utilizing cellular or satellite technology. But if fire results, we will pay for the loss or damage caused by that fire if the fire would be covered under this coverage form. For the purpose of this exclusion, electrical, magnetic or electromagnetic energy includes but is not limited to: (1) Electrical current, including arcing; (2) Electrical charge produced or conducted by a magnetic or electromagnetic field; (3) Pulse of electromagnetic energy; or (4) Electromagnetic waves or microwaves. “
- See more examples of the exclusion clauses at EHT here.
State 5G Streamlining Bills Are Stripping Localities’ Basic Contractual Rights To Indemnification
Some state 5G streamlining bills are targeting and eroding localities’ basic contractual rights to indemnification.